Keep yourself informed!
Oct 28th, 2023, 11:45 am
nutpants wrote:personally, while i encourage anything to keep links updated,
i think it would be better if any dead links posts just be removed ASAP

while the idea of keeping all the links working from old posts is a good idea, many people just want
the NEWEST books, or complete collections by series or author.
and it creates a lot of work for prolific posters with the questionable stability of file sharing sites.

after all most older books can be found on places like annas archive, ETC

I've run into quite a few here that are unavailable anywhere else. I could point to one book uploaded here that isn't even available in electronic form anywhere else, period. Wiping out old posts here without even having a chance to find them and re-request them from someone who is likely to have them backed up on an archive drive is a disservice IMHO. Then again, I search for a lot of weird stuff.
Oct 28th, 2023, 11:45 am
Nov 2nd, 2023, 11:03 am
I've run into quite a few here that are unavailable anywhere else. I could point to one book uploaded here that isn't even available in electronic form anywhere else, period. Wiping out old posts here without even having a chance to find them and re-request them from someone who is likely to have them backed up on an archive drive is a disservice IMHO. Then again, I search for a lot of weird stuff.

notalizard - you are 200% - RIGHT !!!
Nov 2nd, 2023, 11:03 am
Nov 2nd, 2023, 5:37 pm
I don't know if I'm missing it or it doesn't show but I have no way to see who is requesting. I could be getting ten requests from the same person for all I know. I have 3 or 4 instant messages asking for things from the same person all the time and this will just make it easier for them to ask for multiple uploads per day. I'm finding this to not be easier but a lot harder because now I not only have a long list of private messages asking for reuploads when I sign on but also a list of reuploads. At least with the messages I can immediately know to wait on several of them because it's people asking for multiples per day and I can see who asked first. How do I know who to respond to first with no dates or names on the reupload requests? (edit: Okay, apparently my adblocker was blocking the details button which is now unblocked, so that's a help. Is there a way to have the date show up without having to click and get a popup?) Sorry to be difficult :?
Nov 2nd, 2023, 5:37 pm

Please try ALL links, before using the reupload button :wave:
Nov 3rd, 2023, 3:27 pm
Sure, but I don't understand this new system at all. Why am I being charged for informing you (or any other poster) that links are dead?
Nov 3rd, 2023, 3:27 pm
Nov 6th, 2023, 6:30 am
Is the "Releaser last online" filed relevant?
For example, here are two requests for two different and "inactive" users:
Time stamps update every day with exact same time for both.
Their profile under "Last visited" gives date from months and years ago.
Nov 6th, 2023, 6:30 am
Nov 6th, 2023, 12:29 pm
opacupa wrote:Is the "Releaser last online" filed relevant?
For example, here are two requests for two different and "inactive" users:
Time stamps update every day with exact same time for both.
Their profile under "Last visited" gives date from months and years ago.

If the poster is inactive, the last visit means nothing, and the Rules apply. Simply reply in the thread with a note: "Links dead, OP inactive."

The "Releaser last online" is helpful because it helps you determine whether the posters who hide their online activities are temporarily unavailable or absent/inactive. If their last visit was more than three days ago, you could reply in the thread with "Links dead, OP temporarily unavailable," and if they have been absent for 4 weeks or more, go ahead and reply in the thread as I mentioned above.
Nov 6th, 2023, 12:29 pm
Nov 6th, 2023, 1:42 pm
RiffRaffAK wrote:Sure, but I don't understand this new system at all. Why am I being charged for informing you (or any other poster) that links are dead?

It's pretty simple. Because dead links have become the top complaint here and there are many old topics in all sections. Instead of having numerous requests posts, that at the end are just comments lost in pages, we added this more interactive and effective way to renew dead topics.
The usage of the reupload button is optional used from members who search for something that is no longer available. So it's not about "inform". It's about sending a direct message to the uploader that the file YOU want to download does not exist. It's an exchanging service between two parts with a small amount of $WRZ subtracted, to show your appreciation and send a small "gift" to the uploader.
Nov 6th, 2023, 1:42 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Nov 9th, 2023, 5:02 am
merry60 wrote:
opacupa wrote:Thank you for a great feature.

Question: is there any point to request reupload from an inactive user? That is: will someone else notice it, and possibly reupload?

In the eBooks section, the procedure explained in the Rules for inactive posters still applies.

So, the reup request only goes to the original releaser? The process for reups.for inactive users is just the same? It would be nice if there was a way to streamline those requests too or to make reup requests go to a wider audience of releasers. Not every releaser will reup and some just have so many releases that they don't have the time or desire to fill reup requests.
Nov 9th, 2023, 5:02 am
Nov 9th, 2023, 12:06 pm
Snowie wrote:So, the reup request only goes to the original releaser? The process for reups.for inactive users is just the same? It would be nice if there was a way to streamline those requests too or to make reup requests go to a wider audience of releasers. Not every releaser will reup and some just have so many releases that they don't have the time or desire to fill reup requests.

Yes, because mainly only the original releaser has a copy of the file. Now there are some users who downloaded the same file and decide to add a mirror link in the OP. But this is something that happens occasionally. So the alternative way of using the reupload button is to leave a comment asking for a new link, but this doesn't mean that you'll have better results.
Instead of having numerous requests posts, that at the end are just comments lost in pages, we added this more interactive and effective way to renew dead topics.
About the inactive users the usage of the button maybe is a bit "useless" . The system doesn't recognize by its own if the uploader is inactive or not. It just sends the same request msg.
Nov 9th, 2023, 12:06 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Nov 9th, 2023, 2:40 pm
Jimking wrote:
Snowie wrote:So, the reup request only goes to the original releaser? The process for reups.for inactive users is just the same? It would be nice if there was a way to streamline those requests too or to make reup requests go to a wider audience of releasers. Not every releaser will reup and some just have so many releases that they don't have the time or desire to fill reup requests.

Yes, because mainly only the original releaser has a copy of the file. Now there are some users who downloaded the same file and decide to add a mirror link in the OP. But this is something that happens occasionally. So the alternative way of using the reupload button is to leave a comment asking for a new link, but this doesn't mean that you'll have better results.
Instead of having numerous requests posts, that at the end are just comments lost in pages, we added this more interactive and effective way to renew dead topics.
About the inactive users the usage of the button maybe is a bit "useless" . The system doesn't recognize by its own if the uploader is inactive or not. It just sends the same request msg.

Thanks for the Android point of view, Jimking. It is very different from eBooks because our requests don't get lost in topics since they are not allowed in topics to begin with, nor do we allow mirrors by anyone other than the OP.

So to complete the information from the eBooks Section point of view, the only difference about new links requests is that we will no longer contact posters via PM but instead will use the Reupload button. The rest of the eBook Section Rules, including how to deal with dead releases made by inactive posters, still apply.

@Snowie, reuploading in eBooks is not voluntary and does not depend on availability or desire, for active posters it is mandatory.
Nov 9th, 2023, 2:40 pm

Nov 9th, 2023, 4:58 pm
Yet again part of my finger hit the reup button. There is no way to retract the request, and, while it's just pretend currency, annoying to lose 3wrz$ nonconsensually.

On my android I do not see a way to even check the box to retract the request. I don't understand why the buttons are so close, but that ship has sailed. Some of us have small screens and dexterity issues.

Please at least refund my 3wrz$ for the utter frustration of the thing.

I love mobilism, and so this seems very uncharacteristic for an otherwise wonderful site.
Nov 9th, 2023, 4:58 pm
Nov 10th, 2023, 12:30 am
TommyT139 wrote:Yet again part of my finger hit the reup button. There is no way to retract the request, and, while it's just pretend currency, annoying to lose 3wrz$ nonconsensually.

On my android I do not see a way to even check the box to retract the request. I don't understand why the buttons are so close, but that ship has sailed. Some of us have small screens and dexterity issues.

Please at least refund my 3wrz$ for the utter frustration of the thing.

I love mobilism, and so this seems very uncharacteristic for an otherwise wonderful site.

You can cancel any request here: ucp.php?i=reuploads&mode=requests
At the bottom right: https://prnt.sc/kMpryL55DpW5
Nov 10th, 2023, 12:30 am
Nov 12th, 2023, 10:01 pm
The default for "collect wrz" has now changed to refund.

Is is the plan?
It would be nice to have a user choice maybe in this?

Also, after completing does not return automatically to the reupload list which would be really really nice.
Nov 12th, 2023, 10:01 pm

Thank you for supporting by downloading from the link without a blue arrow if possible
Nov 14th, 2023, 10:42 pm
Schillerstrasse wrote:The default for "collect wrz" has now changed to refund.

Is is the plan?
It would be nice to have a user choice maybe in this?

Also, after completing does not return automatically to the reupload list which would be really really nice.

Yes, it was decided to make this the default option for the time being. We may review the default option and price for a reupload request at some point in the future.
Nov 14th, 2023, 10:42 pm