Keep yourself informed!
Oct 20th, 2023, 8:10 am
Schillerstrasse wrote:Collecting 3 wrz is not an incentive for anyone who frequently releases books. I think that those who don't update all links will not be doing it for the wrz. It is a time issue, a race to get the book before another person does it.

The reason that this new feature has been added, surely is not about earning WRZ$. Who is active as uploader has a plenty of WRZ$ after all. It's an exchanging service between two parts, and don't forget that 3 WRZ$ subtracts from the user who requests and not all members are MARs with thousands of WRZ$. It's a X amount so even new users can use this feature multiple times without worrying about losing all their WRZ$. It's all about having a more interactive and effective way to renew dead topics trying at the same time to decrease the numerous requests posts, that at the end are just comments lost in pages.
Oct 20th, 2023, 8:10 am

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Oct 21st, 2023, 4:15 am
personally, while i encourage anything to keep links updated,
i think it would be better if any dead links posts just be removed ASAP

while the idea of keeping all the links working from old posts is a good idea, many people just want
the NEWEST books, or complete collections by series or author.
and it creates a lot of work for prolific posters with the questionable stability of file sharing sites.

after all most older books can be found on places like annas archive, ETC
any new demands for old books can be requested in the request section, which brings new posts,
which usually brings new demand for old books to be read by new reader..

then collections and series can be consolidated to one link as the old single posts die,
and new readers can find old favorites just by seeing them be posted by demand.

new book posters can spend their time not looking for old books they posted 2-10 years ago.
and some book hoarders can fulfill requests to give back.

that is a win - win - win for everybody
( except for the mods they would have to kill a lot more posts, but i dont know how much work that is)
Oct 21st, 2023, 4:15 am

Pirates were the first democratic organization in the new world.
Oct 21st, 2023, 8:33 am
Schillerstrasse wrote:I have found that about 1 out of 6 requests using the button have working links.

Maybe consider having the wrz non-refundable to help with this problem?
Users who click the button accidentally are few and quick to cancel the request the moment they realise their mistake. We are now able to confirm that in most cases, users who click the button when the release still has a working link are Premium members requesting a blue arrow. If not provided, the user will have no choice but to contact the poster via PM, which defeats the purpose of the button.

iris318 wrote:Another question: a lot of times a poster will add to an old post of theirs with new books, but they don't refresh the old books. So you go in to get book 6, then you decide you want to click the links for 1-5 too... but some or all of those are dead. Do we still click re-upload when the newest book is active because we want the dead books? Or should uploaders be checking their older books if they're going to be posting new ones in the same thread?
Posters do not leave links dead when they add a new book, they do want their books downloaded. But it may happen that the remaining link is not a blue arrow, in which case the Rules apply and a reupload to a supported filehost can be requested.

@nutpants , your suggestion requesting a major overhaul of the eBooks section has been noted, thanks.
Oct 21st, 2023, 8:33 am

Oct 21st, 2023, 11:05 pm
I'm confused; I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to specify blue arrow links, that we had to take what was offered. How do we ask for blue arrow links?

I did follow the "rules" link and came back no wiser.
Oct 21st, 2023, 11:05 pm
Oct 22nd, 2023, 8:03 am
StarredReader wrote:I'm confused; I was under the impression that we weren't allowed to specify blue arrow links, that we had to take what was offered. How do we ask for blue arrow links?

I did follow the "rules" link and came back no wiser.

You were always allowed to specify blue arrow links. Actually, there have been cases when the OP could not provide it, and a request with the specific requirement of a supported link was allowed in the Requests section even though the book was already posted.

Posters are only required to provide one link in releases older than six months when a reup is requested, and the majority of them know that the one link must be from a supported filehost. If it is not, let them know for sure by requesting again :)
Oct 22nd, 2023, 8:03 am

Oct 22nd, 2023, 6:17 pm
Just asking for clarification: I received a reupload request, edited the original post with new links and clicked the "confirm reupload, collect WRZ$" button but nothing appeared to happen. Did I misunderstand or do it wrong or is it just slow to update or what?

Nevermind, I figured it out. I hadn't clicked the button next to the post.
Oct 22nd, 2023, 6:17 pm

“How you do anything is how you do everything”
― Gregg Hurwitz, Orphan X
Oct 23rd, 2023, 12:13 am
Another missing option that I am sure must be in the works:

A history of the reupload requests

If I click "complete" by mistake, I cannot go back to see what the request was.
Oct 23rd, 2023, 12:13 am

Thank you for supporting by downloading from the link without a blue arrow if possible
Oct 23rd, 2023, 9:58 pm
Schillerstrasse wrote:Another missing option that I am sure must be in the works:

A history of the reupload requests

If I click "complete" by mistake, I cannot go back to see what the request was.

I don't think there's enough of a need to see past reuploads to implement a history feature. Just like there isn't one with WRZ$ in general.
Oct 23rd, 2023, 9:58 pm
Oct 24th, 2023, 4:34 am
I would very much like there to be a date on each re-upload request since if you click on them they move around and I can't know which needs to be done first to avoid going over the three days. But also just because I always try and get them done in a timely manner and in the order I receive them. For now I've found if I just right click and open in new tab I can bypass that for the most part and go down the list.
Also would it be possible to get notices sent to us when we get new reupload requests? I very much relied on the emails notifying me when there was a pm. That would be awesome :)

To the person who suggested the posts with dead links be deleted I have to say that would just make me stop completely. I mean links are going dead continually and having over 8000 posts to keep updated it's an impossible situation. If all of my past posts were to be deleted if a link goes dead I'd just stop bothering honestly. No offense but that would just be devastating to lose all those years of work. I have no issue with refreshing links as quick as I can so I'd rather just be asked even if it is a bother for you. (And I'm not even a very prolific uploader so I can imagine those with 10's of thousands of posts would not much appreciate that happening either) Just my two cents though.

So far though, it's been working well though I do miss being able to talk to the requester if they ask for links when they aren't all dead or just to comment on added books etc. It kind of takes away from the personal interaction aspect I guess. I don't know if I'm the only one though.
Oct 24th, 2023, 4:34 am

Please try ALL links, before using the reupload button :wave:
Oct 24th, 2023, 7:38 am
Hi. I tried to press the reupload button on the following post
viewtopic.php?t=5097259
It says You have already requested this release.
But when I check my requests section, I don't see it there...
Oct 24th, 2023, 7:38 am
Oct 24th, 2023, 9:44 am
adamgilli wrote:Hi. I tried to press the reupload button on the following post
viewtopic.php?t=5097259
It says You have already requested this release.
But when I check my requests section, I don't see it there...

When you request a reup, it should show in your User Control Panel: https://i.imgur.com/fXCq5qR.png
Same thing in Classic, only it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/2mMotow.png

If the system says that you have already requested the release (https://i.imgur.com/Ah2wrp3.png) but your User Control Panel does not show it in "My requests" (https://i.imgur.com/kN7mCov.png), please report the bug to Disk4mat.
Oct 24th, 2023, 9:44 am

Oct 25th, 2023, 4:08 am
iris318 wrote:Another question: a lot of times a poster will add to an old post of theirs with new books, but they don't refresh the old books. So you go in to get book 6, then you decide you want to click the links for 1-5 too... but some or all of those are dead. Do we still click re-upload when the newest book is active because we want the dead books? Or should uploaders be checking their older books if they're going to be posting new ones in the same thread?

Posters do not leave links dead when they add a new book, they do want their books downloaded. But it may happen that the remaining link is not a blue arrow, in which case the Rules apply and a reupload to a supported filehost can be requested.

I'm a premium but I do check all links, even non-arrows, when I go back to get older books and often I do find that the links are completely dead. I would check every possible link before messaging a user for new links. Sometimes they have arrows, but the arrows give .exe files that are filler from dead links. So I try to check for real links, and they don't work. So that was my question. Because not all posters seem to update links, premium or not. Also, if you say "rules apply" does that mean that the 3 WRZ reup request wouldn't apply and we should still PM for premium links even for the older books when the posts are refreshed?
Oct 25th, 2023, 4:08 am
Oct 26th, 2023, 12:39 pm
I have no idea what to do about this -
I have a pending reupload request for a title I put on the site a few hours ago (Macauley).
Both links (WU & MF) work.
What is the point of sending this request ? What am I supposed to do about it ?
Oct 26th, 2023, 12:39 pm

warez is waived (except when I indicate otherwise)

if you provide an amz link, pls use amz usa (not ca, uk, jp, br etc), thanks

----> please don't contact me via pm to find you titles
Oct 26th, 2023, 11:15 pm
umop wrote:I have no idea what to do about this -
I have a pending reupload request for a title I put on the site a few hours ago (Macauley).
Both links (WU & MF) work.
What is the point of sending this request ? What am I supposed to do about it ?

There's an option specially for this case- "Link still works, refund WRZ$". Sometimes people make mistakes when requesting a reupload.
Oct 26th, 2023, 11:15 pm
Oct 27th, 2023, 2:32 am
This is awesome! Such a great upgrade.
Oct 27th, 2023, 2:32 am