Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 23rd, 2024, 2:22 am

My camelia tree one of them anyway I'm not great at photos I need Pj's expert eye :D Pj yes matinas right you can get the eye drops over the counter but I think they maybe cheaper on a script pension concession :? A,warm compress may relive the swelling too :D matina we been invited to lunch with our neighbours a BBQ i think he does a mean pork roast on his BBQ :D have a nice day with aunty the weather is just nice now :D take care everyone :D
Apr 23rd, 2024, 2:22 am
Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:21 am

Local bookshop near my chemist shop in Leura . . .

matina and Katy . . . went over to Katoomba today to have my blood test. Eye still sore. Am continuing with the antibiotics, warm eye compresses, drops and taking Panadol. Not comfortable at all. In half an hour Rishi has to g over to the vet. Am hoping for a good report. She seems to be eating and acting well. Katy, that's a wonderful camelia! Will sign off for now . . .
Apr 23rd, 2024, 7:21 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:04 am
HELLO ALL!
KATHY wow your camellia is huge well done Kathy that's 1 plant you haven't killed lol ;-) oh the eye drops are cheaper on script but only if you are an aboriginal or torres straight islander. not for us ;-(
PJ try advil it helps get rid of inflammation and deal with pain relief when i injured my eye cold compress was better for me reduced the swelling. kept me comfortable heat just irritated it more for me but each to their own, goodluck i hope you feel better soon. try taking some telfast it is probably an allergic reaction to something, it cant hurt that;s for sure.
had a nice day out went and visited my aunty took her some lunch and had lunch with her and then we cane home and had a rest then a friend popped in for coffee and now we are deciding on what to have for dinner i made a few phone calls i seem to now have a few appointments with the bank manager a financial planner and a bedfinder too so hoping these folks can help me wade through the quagmire that is the aged care system, fingers crossed my stress levels and anxiety are very high indeed it is so hard when you have never dealt with this stuff at all and to now be swamped and plonked wight in the middle of this oceanic system;-( very freaky stuff.
be safe everyone and may god bless and be with you all
WOLF OUT! TIME TO RELAX FOR THE NIGHT!
Apr 23rd, 2024, 9:04 am

Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:34 am

matina, glad to hear about your day. Hope things work out. Seems like that might happen, with professional help. Rishi and I got good reports today. Rishi's blood count is all the way up to a normal 30 (was down to 11) but the stand-in vet says she should stay on the steroid until she sees her regular vet again, maybe next week. Overall, she's eating well and acting normally. My 33 x-rays and ultrasound photos suddenly appeared on my iPhone and it seems (if I understand the short report that uses a lot of large Latin words) that I have 'tendinosis' of some kind. Heals in 3-6 months. Needs rest and physio. Cortisone injection may speed things up. So I'll have to ask my GP next Thursday. But doesn't sound like anything serious. Will keep up my arm exercises. Eye feels a bit better this evening but I'm hoping the antibiotic will kick in soon. That's it for now. Taking it easy.
Apr 23rd, 2024, 10:34 am

Apr 24th, 2024, 2:36 am
Hello :wave:

Hi Pj ouch tendinitis very uncomfortable :( my hubby had the same last year, cortisone did help he also tried acupuncture once a week which gave relief took about 6 months but you have be conscious on how you do things no stacking firewood :? :D very good news on rishi too it's a constant battle with the anaemia I'd hope you can find an alternative to steroids eventually :? Look after yourself hugs to the fuzzies :D coolish today may get some rain :D matina out with the girls today the teenager and hubby hate clothes shopping :D we rather they not come we can take our time :D bless everyone :D
Apr 24th, 2024, 2:36 am
Apr 24th, 2024, 7:26 am

matina and Katy, I took a short drive around Leura and took a few pictures of autumn leaves. My eye is still bothering me, but I thought I could manage a few minutes of driving. Leaves have reached their peak and I thought it was time, before they're all gone. matina, hope all goes well for you. Sending lots of good wishes. Katy, it's sunny up here and no sign of rain. Perfect autumn afternoon.

Bye for now . . .

Apr 24th, 2024, 7:26 am

Apr 24th, 2024, 11:25 pm
yoooooo pjmpjm what a beautiful leaf!! i have never seen a leaf this pink or just this vibrant in color it's rly pretty. Hope your eye gets better!!
Apr 24th, 2024, 11:25 pm
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:51 am

Always remember their sacrifice :D

Morning Pj I bet your remembering your veteran neighbour today may he rest in peace :( just gorgeous photos how lovely to drive around and see such colour thankyou made me :D smile :D matina hubby has gone to the pub with a couple of neighbours to play 2 up for Anzac Day I'm having some peace with a book :D all the best both of you :D
Apr 25th, 2024, 2:51 am
Apr 25th, 2024, 4:57 am

Yes, I'm thinking about my late neighbour today, who died this past year at the age of nearly 102. He served for five years during WWII in the Royal Navy and the RAN. And also about my own WWII vet father who served in combat in Europe after landing on Utah Beach. I won't forget.

matina, sending lots of good wishes. Hope you have a good day.

Katy, hope you also have a peaceful day. Sunny and relatively mild up here, just a bit on the cool side when out of the sun. Sat out in the back yard as usual with Sunnya. Rishi is looking quite good. She just needs to put on more weight. But she's eating well.

LuckyLuca, thanks for your greetings. That colourful leaf was a liquidambar leaf from my backyard. I have so many beautiful trees all around my house and my neighbourhood right now. My infected eye is slowly getting better. Am taking my antibiotic three times a day.

I was surprised to see a pair of rainbow lorikeets on my front deck two days ago. Not so common here in the mountains . . .

Apr 25th, 2024, 4:57 am

Apr 25th, 2024, 9:29 am
HELLO ALL!
PJ I sent them to you as they were eating my quince and granny smith apples keep the little buggers occupied if you please ;-) so glad to hear your feeling better and antibiotics are helping you. God rest and bless your deceased neighbors soul we thank him for his service and for fighting for our freedom. This also applies for your beloved father too :( :(
KATHY so glad Mark got to go out and have fun and you had some nice alone time with your book.
I have been feeling so mentally and physically drained and in a lot of pain i spent most of the morning on the couch sleeping till lunch time. we then went out for a bit and came home. I pray that god will give me the strength to endure it all and the wisdom to make the right decisions and the peace of mind to accept it all.
welcome LuckyLuca to the thread yes PJ does post some nice pictures god bless him.
lest we forget.
WOLF OUT!
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:29 am

Apr 25th, 2024, 9:43 am
thank u matina for such a warm welcome!
may i ask a question? i know its not the most wholesome topic but how does people have so much WRZ? i know you can get more from contests or posting releases but i noticed that some people have thousands of them even though they have less than 10 posts? so just out of curiosity is there a mechanic im unaware of?
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:43 am
Apr 26th, 2024, 2:24 am
Hi everyone :wave:

Welcome LuckyLuca no there is no special way of earning rewards :? entering the contests regularly and fulfilling ebook requests will earn wrzs over the years they tend to add up if you regularly play the games you will accumulate wrzs :) Hi Pj another cool lovely day my coffee machine died this morning very unhappy luckily my daughter has a spare smaller one but hey ill take my lavazza any way I can :lol: is rishi staying in bed with the cooler weather :? she's my spirit animal cause that's where I'd like to say :D :D matina not going anywhere hubbies exhausted after his afternoon out he did win on 2 up though maybe he'll buy me a nice lunch today :D be safe out there :D bless :D
Apr 26th, 2024, 2:24 am
Apr 26th, 2024, 4:42 am

Sunnya keeping me company in the backyard . . .

matina, hope today goes well for you. Cool but sunny up here . . . a few bushwalkers passing by from time to time, but otherwise very quiet. Eye is still sore but seems to be better. Seeing my GP next Thursday.

Katy, Rishi almost never comes out into the backyard. She was up today, but didn't emerge. I'm not sure if she'll need another appointment this week. Will ask her usual vet. She's acting well. Glad you've found a backup coffee machine. That could otherwise be a tragedy! Hope you'll enjoy your quiet day.

LuckyLuca, entering Mobi contests regularly is the way to accumulate WRZ$. I've been doing it for ten years now and the points gradually build up. I don't know about members who have large WRZ$ collections but few posts. That doesn't seem possible. Are they administrators? If you need a few extra WRZ$ for books, just let me know.

Bye for now, everyone . . .

Apr 26th, 2024, 4:42 am

Apr 26th, 2024, 7:59 am
hiiiiii everyone :333
thank u so much for explaining kathlyn! i’ve been a member for years but i only started participating in contests a couple of days ago. im the impatient type so i got a little frustrated : ( Anyway thanks again and thank god your daughter had a smaller coffee machine :D
pjmpjm thank u so much for response!! honestly i dont remember. they might have been? but i really cant recall. and thank you so much for the offer thats very kind of you <3333 i dont have a lot of WRZ right now so im trying to be smart about my requests : D Also another lovely picture of leaves!!! Love that shade of red, just stunning. Hope your eye gets better with each day!!
Take care everyone!
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:59 am
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:50 am
HELLO ALL!
I have had a hellish day of phone calls emails and errand running around i am exhausted and having to do other peoples job for them i am so over it.
luckyluca you have a surprise waiting for you. ;-) what kind of books do you like?? plus PJ is the guy to go to for hard to find books he is awesome at it ;-)
PJ so glad to hear the fuzzies are well and especially rishi is perking up. sunnya is definitely loving the outdoors can i borrow her for a few weeks we are seeing mice around here again.
KATHY if hubby won money on 2 up time for e new coffee machine i dont think the small one will be big enough or able to handle the oceans of coffee that you consume so avoid catastrophe and buy a new one. lol ;-)
time for dinner chicken avgolemono
then relaxation.
be safe take care and god bless and be with you always.
WOLF OUT!
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:50 am