Have fun, win prizes, participate in our contests!
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:58 am
The Day They Emerged

I might replace this with another battle piece I've been working on *if* I can finish it in time. (This one will actually be mid-battle as opposed to the pre-battle scene above).

News from Tao

This is the last round of this contest I plan to participate in. Sadly, I've come to the conclusion (as subjective as it is) that what I've been getting out of this contest is a lot less than what I've been putting into it. I believe that with most things in your life, every so often it's worth asking yourself whether the time, energy, and other things that you put into something are worth it given what you (and those you care about) are getting in return. To be honest I just can't make the math work for me for this contest. As much as I get a lot of joy (and sometimes fulfilment) from creating art(?) pieces for the contest, I can get that joy (and fulfilment) by creating art for other contests and projects and/or just for myself.

I truly hope that I have produced at least one piece of “art” that you've liked or has moved you or made you think. Certainly a lot of you have produced art that has wowed me. So thank you for shining your creative light in this little corner of the internet! 8)
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:58 am

Apologies for this, but I can sometimes be slow to respond to PMs. Unless my reply to you is very simple, eg “Thanks for that!”, it may take about a week. Thanks for your understanding, patience and strawberry daiquiris (especially the daiquiris!)
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:01 am
The Castle of Slime

Apologies for the typo on the spine of this literary classic, but Cpullidere Fiction were well known for their typos. In fact, not many people realise that the name 'Cpullidere' is also a typo – their correct name is Hill House Books of Dover.

If anyone has a pdf version of this book, perhaps they can upload it to the ebooks section? I did find a paperback copy in a secondhand bookstore once, but as much as I wanted to buy it, the specially treated cover just put me off (they used a special production process so that when you touch the cover you can actually feel the slime under your fingertips).
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:01 am

Apologies for this, but I can sometimes be slow to respond to PMs. Unless my reply to you is very simple, eg “Thanks for that!”, it may take about a week. Thanks for your understanding, patience and strawberry daiquiris (especially the daiquiris!)
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:04 am
The Poisoner (aka Feast at the Castle)

a Japanese feudal lord hosts a feast at his castle.

There are still some edits I would like to make to this but I probably won't get time so, sadly, you'll have to appreciate it (or not) in all its imperfect glory. Sorry!

And whilst I'm apologising, let me also apologise that I didn't get time to give out as many awards as I had planned under my unofficial bonus award scheme. Selfishly perhaps, my first priority when participating in the contest was finishing my own art pieces and often I struggled to do that before the contest closed without also writing up details about my award winners. Sorry! (truly!) There were so many of you who deserved awards...
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:04 am

Apr 26th, 2024, 9:07 am
A Very Fine Restaurant (aka The Castle)

Final post from me in this thread. It's been fun! :D

If you're ever in my hometown of Drearton Brown, look me up! I'll treat you to a meal at our number one restaurant (pictured above!) - The Castle (named after the owner, Griff Castle, who kindly requested that I do the artwork for the tiles when they refurbished the place).

A special big THANK YOU to those of you who sent me nice messages about my "art". I vacillated between thinking that I have some talent for this and severely doubting my abilities. Your messages came at the most needed time, so THANK YOU! :)
Apr 26th, 2024, 9:07 am

Apr 26th, 2024, 10:13 am
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:13 am

Apr 26th, 2024, 6:44 pm

Show Me Your ART

Has ended........

A new round will start soon

I'll check for duplicates, and off topic posts.

I need a volunteer to pay the rewards.
Volunteer will get 50 WRZ$ + the number of donations x2

Anyone who wishes to volunteer please post here within 5 minutes, following which I shall use a random generator to select a volunteer

Apr 26th, 2024, 6:44 pm

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Apr 26th, 2024, 6:45 pm
Me
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:45 pm
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:51 pm
Thank you all for volunteering. I appreciate the offer.

The 1st volunteer, Alessa9 shall do the rewarding

After I check all the postings, you shall receive the WRZ$ for rewarding all valid posts plus your own fee. :)

- Please mention the reason for rewarding in the donation posts.
- Please report here when the rewards are done.

69 posts. All valid.
30x69 + 50 + 2x18 to Alessa9 = 2,156
Apr 26th, 2024, 6:51 pm

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss
Join Mobilism Discord server to get instant updates on contests: https://discord.gg/JqD2wAWSGw

Apr 27th, 2024, 8:09 am
Rewards all paid, HogwartsExpress ~ Thanks! :)
Apr 27th, 2024, 8:09 am
Apr 28th, 2024, 6:01 am
Show me your ART

What is it?
  • A contest where players will post original work(s) of art (hand drawn or AI generated) based upon a provided topic or theme
  • This round will be closed around 8.00 AM UTC on May 1

How do you play?
  • Post your original composition(s) based upon the theme for the round. You can add a title or other descriptors - but this is not required

Example post for the theme "Artwork with a dragon flying over the Hogwarts Castle"
    Hagrid wrote:Image

Rules:
  • Every player is allowed up to four posts each round (any more and they'll all be disallowed)
  • There is a limit of one bonus, per player, per round
  • No duplicates allowed obviously
  • The artwork must be an original piece created by the poster
  • Players may use AI text to image generators if desired
  • Previously used images may not be posted again
  • No cropping of previously used images
  • No oversized images, please! 800 x 800 pixels is the maximum size permitted.
  • Videos/GIFs and any other form of animated entries are not allowed.
  • Entries may be edited and/or deleted and resubmitted as long as long as the round is still open

Rewards:
  • 30 WRZ$ each valid post
  • 100 WRZ$ bonuses may be awarded for up to three posts deemed most deserving (funny, interesting, beautiful)

How to generate arts using AI?:

Topic for this week is: Waterfalls

Image Image
Image Image

Apr 28th, 2024, 6:01 am

Twitter @HgwrtzExprss

Apr 28th, 2024, 6:50 am