GPS applications, rather than GPS navigation software
Mar 29th, 2023, 11:53 am
Update it plz and keep on updating this app
Mar 29th, 2023, 11:53 am
Jan 12th, 2024, 11:53 am
It does not work anymore. Can't download maps.
Jan 12th, 2024, 11:53 am
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:58 am
Search has stopped working.
Apr 20th, 2024, 12:58 am
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:11 am
FYI, do a search on 'Navdy' and 'maps'. There's a cool dude who has mirrorred worldwide maps for this device which also runs an Android version of HERE.

I have tried installing the maps (from his website) and they work perfectly. Install the HERE APK linked in this thread, and then adb push the maps from the PC into the com.here folder on the device. I replaced all the maps I had with his version which are from Dec 2023.

Only caveat is you can't run the old HERE and the new one since they have the same 'name' (com.here.?) but you can run the beta version of the current HERE app along side this older version.

Also this version (2.x) does offline routing for public transit which perfect for train system (i.e. Berlin, etc) since those routes haven't really changed. I think Sygic is overall better now except for offline public transit routing.
Apr 20th, 2024, 4:11 am
Apr 21st, 2024, 5:59 am
Please update HERE WeGo: Maps & Navigation 4.11.300

Thank you so much!
Apr 21st, 2024, 5:59 am

World speedcam:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldspeedcam/
Apr 21st, 2024, 7:50 am
HERE WeGo 4.11.300 (Android 7.0+)​
armeabi-v7a

Code: Select allhttps://dosya.co/u6ikj1l9eu7s/HERE_WeGo_4.11.300.6814020.apk.7z.html
Apr 21st, 2024, 7:50 am
Apr 21st, 2024, 11:40 am
cserrobi wrote:Please update HERE WeGo: Maps & Navigation 4.11.300

Thank you so much!

[Mod Extra]
Apr 21st, 2024, 11:40 am

World speedcam:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/worldspeedcam/
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:51 am
genmarkclark wrote:FYI, do a search on `Navdy` and `maps`. There`s a cool dude who has mirrorred worldwide maps for this device which also runs an Android version of HERE.

I have tried installing the maps (from his website) and they work perfectly. Install the HERE APK linked in this thread, and then adb push the maps from the PC into the com.here folder on the device. I replaced all the maps I had with his version which are from Dec 2023.

Only caveat is you can`t run the old HERE and the new one since they have the same `name` (com.here.?) but you can run the beta version of the current HERE app along side this older version.

Also this version (2.x) does offline routing for public transit which perfect for train system (i.e. Berlin, etc) since those routes haven`t really changed. I think Sygic is overall better now except for offline public transit routing.
Gotta have to try this, thanks. Does the search/online mode still work on this?
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:51 am
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:53 am
Vico100 wrote:Search has stopped working.
Can confirm. Navigation only works now in offline mode, search always fails for me if that is not activated.
Is there any lightweight alternative like the old HERE that i could switch to? Simply for navigation on foot/bike/car?Really liked the offline navigation and occasionally traffic information.
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:53 am
Apr 27th, 2024, 12:07 am
The online search doesn't work, but I use the old HERE purely offline for public transit routing (trains) and historically for driving. I used it offline for driving extensively in the US and in Europe and was very pleased with it.

I have found for car / driving, Sygic is now basically the best option (I use it purely offline). Being able to detour for fuel, multi-stop is basically what iGo had many years ago, but the Sygic UI is clean and fast.

For foot/street/biking I think 'Organic Maps' (open source) with OSM-based maps is actually quite impressive. OrganicMaps is basically open-source MAPS.ME (same team, same code base before it got sold); MAPS.ME was by far the best foot/city navigation app I've used, tried both in Tokyo and Paris and it was better than anything else (HERE, Google, Sygic, OSMAND, etc).

The map panning / in OrganicMaps is smoother than anything else I've tried and the UI is actually very well thought out. I think OSMAND+ has great functionality but the maps are very cluttered and you can only reduce that so much.
Apr 27th, 2024, 12:07 am
Yesterday, 1:51 pm
genmarkclark wrote:The online search doesn't work, but I use the old HERE purely offline for public transit routing (trains) and historically for driving. I used it offline for driving extensively in the US and in Europe and was very pleased with it.

I have found for car / driving, Sygic is now basically the best option (I use it purely offline). Being able to detour for fuel, multi-stop is basically what iGo had many years ago, but the Sygic UI is clean and fast.

For foot/street/biking I think 'Organic Maps' (open source) with OSM-based maps is actually quite impressive. OrganicMaps is basically open-source MAPS.ME (same team, same code base before it got sold); MAPS.ME was by far the best foot/city navigation app I've used, tried both in Tokyo and Paris and it was better than anything else (HERE, Google, Sygic, OSMAND, etc).

The map panning / in OrganicMaps is smoother than anything else I've tried and the UI is actually very well thought out. I think OSMAND+ has great functionality but the maps are very cluttered and you can only reduce that so much.

What about Magic Earth? How does it compare to Organic Maps?
Yesterday, 1:51 pm